Cherry Optical, Inc hires our 1st employee.
Installed 1st lab management software (LMS) using Optifacts.
Cherry Optical, Inc expands; adding another suite to existing production space.
Cherry Optical, Inc began promotion of a new technology called freeform for progressive lenses. Sold 24 pairs in 12 months. Wooo!
Began CNC processing of compression mounting drilled rimless frames with Optidrill.
First “What’s New University” at Howard Johnson in Green Bay, WI.
Cherry Optical, Inc receives special recognition from PRIO Corporation for computer lens sales.
Earned special recognition of achievement for Essilor Definity sales. One of the top laboratories in the entire country for Definity sales for 2005-2006.
We received 1st electronic Rx order from our customers.
Cherry Optical, Inc processed over 1000 Free Forms for the year.
Begin electronic scanning of all records to eliminate all filing cabinets.
Cherry Optical, Inc installs laser welding, frame repair equipment.
Established formal dispensing optician training courses for customers at our laboratory.
Over 30 Opticians employed.
Cherry Optical, Inc receives Varilux IDD Laboratory of the Year for the second time.
Over 100 computers involved in manufacturing, and operations.
Begin 24-hour Production Operations.
Cherry Optical, Inc receives Varilux IDD Laboratory of the Year for the third time.
Al’s retirement – Our long-time UPS delivery driver retired. From the day we shipped our first job, Al always had our back and did an outstanding job representing Cherry Optical, Inc.
Added our Technologies and Production R&D department.
Cherry Optical, Inc receives Varilux® Award of Excellence and X-Cel Outstanding Achievement Award. Winning Varilux IDD Laboratory of the Year for the second year in a row and our fourth win overall since 2010.
- New – Coburn Technologies Velocity Backside Coater
- Cherry Optical, Inc became 3rd location worldwide to install Coburn’s automated backside UV cured spin hard coat machine – Velocity
- New – A&R MBV
- We installed a new automated lens inspection and finish blocking machine from A&R – the MBV. The MBV allows us to inspect lens powers quickly and accurately finish block lenses using the industry standard Focovision and PPOS systems.
Completion of the updated Customer Service and technology communications areas.
- New – OptoTech Automated Taper
- Automation of this simple, but time-consuming task allows us more efficiency.
- New – Schneider CCL Modulo Automated Laser Engraver
- Automating laser engraving of lenses frees up an operator to be doing other tasks that increase throughput, productivity and quality of digital surfacing operations.
- New – OptoTech OTB80 Manual Lens Blocker
- This new surface blocking machine allows us to block higher amounts of prism, allowing us to produce a high range of prism orders on-site.
- Increased On-Site Inventory
- We’re getting faster! Need more lenses! We expand on-site inventory to cover the Top 200 lenses used to ensure we can keep production full of lenses to process.
- New – Upgrade Automation on 2nd Mei 641
- Edging operations are now fully automated using the industry’s best milling technology. But this does not mean quality is sacrificed. All this automation does is load and unloaded lenses. Skilled laboratory opticians still program each job individually.
- Remodel of edging area is completed. Remodel makes room for future expansion. And, it was about time we got some new carpet and paint!
- New – Schneider Modulo XT Generator
- Speed and ultra-precision combine with the XT. The addition of new generator dramatically increases throughput and adds redundancy to digital surfacing operations.